Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS 3700 TOUCHSCREEN DESIGNER HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjgarza70

Technical User
Sep 3, 2008
US
does anyone knows how to configure the tochscreen designer menus to make it appear with the same design in the drop down menu. I have created Bar Speed screens, with black and red boxes, i have make sure i have the correct font and size so it would fit the screen. however when I try to use them everythings changes to obval shapes with shinny and glossy colours, they are so big you cant even see the whole menu in the screen. its like some kind of templete is embededed in the system. I am not going to call micros support cause every trip cost me 750 or more.

some ideas?
Joe

In the configurator go to Devices/User Workstations. One of the tabs has an option to select a schema. Remove that from each workstation and restart POS operations.

You may also have better luck with a different theme, but if you want it to look like RES 3.2 then updating the workstation configurations to not use the theme will do the trick.

You may also have better luck with a different theme, but if you want it to look like RES 3.2 then updating the workstation configurations to not use the theme will do the trick. "

How would I do that?

Open your POS Configurator, go to devices tab, click on each individual work station, click on the options tab, click on the display tab, and look at the theme name box in the center of your screen. Curved is nice but if you want no theme, highlight the box and hit the eraser icon on the top right-hand corner of your screen. (This is all assuming your system is v4.0 or higher).

If you want to change the actual screen layout, go to devices, touchscreen, touchscreen template, and you can choose from a variety of screen types. Compare the design of the screen number you want to the one you want to change. Be careful you arrange the keys beforehand so the buttons don't get cut off.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back