Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 SVC transition from v2 to v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wewantphil

Programmer
Sep 4, 2013
US
Hello Micros ISL and SVC experts!

it has been quite a while since we have posted here...
My question is: we transitioned to SVCv4 from SVCv2 because lately the SVCv2 Windows Service just started randomly crashing with no reasonable explanation (no useful info in the Windows Event log).
After updating to v4 SVC Service (SSF), now, when Stored Value REDEEM is performed, at the POS, a new Screen is now part of the Inquiry where is was not before.
Now the end user is presented with a new screen with just an OK button (and the response message from the REDEEM call of course).
I assume this new screen is because they added the new REDEEM_AUTHORIZE method, but we don't use that.
All I want to do is remove the new screen with OK button on Stored Value REDEEM ... the only way I have found to do this is to set DisplayMessageOnInquire to N but unfortunately that turns response message display off for ALL Inquire responses. That's not what I want. I want to display all message, I just want to skip this OK button only Screen on the SV REDEEM response.
Anyone have any ideas on how to do this? I would hate to have to decrypt the ISL and try to find this in there.
Looking for anyone else that may have direct experience with this pleease (no assumptions, as I've gone through all of those already)

thanks in advance,
--PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back