Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 Res 5.0 - Tracking Groups Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

charliescarface

Technical User
Feb 10, 2013
US
I want to add a discount to my Tracking Group. My operation is open 24/7/365 so my database is always active. Can someone please explain the steps necessary for me to add this discount to the active tracking group in this situation? Thanks in advance for your help.

There is an application called trackingchanger.exe. You edit the groups and then apply. You will need to restart the DB. Keep in mind this does not update your all reports. Some custom reports will need to be modified to include the new group you added.
POSN

The correct way to do this is to create a new tracking group.

Open the POS Configurator and go to the Reporting tab, Tracking Groups button.
Highlight the tracking group you want to edit, press F5 and then F6. This will copy it and insert a new tracking group in the first available number. Rename the new group so you can tell them apart, I usually use the date, ie. "SYS 2016-11-22"
Make the changes you need to the newly created tracking group.

The best time to make this active is when you run your end of day, this way you won't have any days with partial posting.
To activate it, Open the POS Configurator and go to the Reporting tab, Historical Totals button, Classes tab. This is where the tracking groups are actually linked.
Change the link for any class using the old tracking group to the new one.
Done.

Remember though, this probably won't populate in any reports using a Crystal Reports template. You'll have to add/have someone add, the new tracking line to the reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back