Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 RES 4.7 Printer/RVC Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennett000

Technical User
Sep 27, 2010
CA
The establishment presently has three UWS terminals, each with their own local printer. There is also a server unit in the building and a remote printer on an IDN line from one of the UWSs.

Two of the UWSs are setup to be part of one RVC. They both print guest cheques/receipts to their local printers, and they print food orders to the remote IDN printer.

The third UWS is part of its own RVC, and prints locally fine. However the third UWS, won't print to the remote printer. The menu items are the same, just accessed from different SLUs. While all of the various printer settings *seem* correct, something is obviously misconfigured, I'm just not sure where. I can provide more settings details as needed.

Whatever is causing this printing problem, may also be part of a problem I've been facing with cashout/reads from the solo RVC UWS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

In POS configurator, go to Devices>workstations.

Select this workstation and then select the order devices tab. Make sure that the remote IDN printer is checked.

For local reports, select the printers tab for the same workstation and make sure the local printer is selected for each item you want to print.

Great suggestions, but the remote device was already selected as an order device, and the local reports are already directed to the local printer (with the exception of the journals)

*SOLVED*

POS Conigurator -> System -> Order Types -> Order Devices

Then I selected the printers I needed for the order type. I noticed none of the other types had printers selected yet they work. I'm sure there's another setting buried somewhere that is responsible for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back