Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 Question / Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzBeatles

Technical User
Dec 11, 2006
US
We recently had to discharge a member of upper management from our company (and along with changing security measures physically, we have to update them virtually as well). That being said--the said person was our sole Micros 3700 Property Expert! I've been charged with trying to reset his ID/PW to assign a new Property Expert but honestly, the RES 3700 is not my forte. Without Property Expert standings of my own, I am not aware of any other way around this. As of right now, I am perusing the Micros documentation . . . I'd like to find a work-around without contacting Micros support if at all possible.
Thanks for any help rendered!

BTW--a colleague of mine tried calling / e-mailing / leaving a message with the dismissed employee and have not been able to get ahold of them yet.

There is an easy solution for this. You just have to access the database directly to pull this information out. As well usually Micros has themselves in the system as a property expert. As these both use passwords i would prefer not to post them on here. How else can i get the information to you?

I figured I could access the database with the Sybase SQL editer using custom/custom but the majority of the information is garbled. I'm not at my wits end as of yet--but if I don't find a solution for this, I could easily see this driving me mad and resorting to contacting Micros: which would be embarrassing due to our short-sightedness but I would have to do what I would have to do. Any help you could give would be appreciated. Private contact is jazzbeatles@aol.com or my company ihop1421@acgtexas.com. Whichever you prefer--I check both multiple times a day.
Thanks again.

Use sybase central as you thought and view data on the emp.def table, that should give you the id and application password for the property expert, you can then get in and change your status to property expert.

Thank you all for the help. If I only knew it was that simple. I really do appreciate the prompt, informative answers. Thanks again--problem solved. I'll be sure to contribute what I can to these forums but I know I'll be tapping this immense knowledge base more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back