Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 Printer Communications Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristi N

Vendor
Jul 27, 2021
US
HELP

We run Micros 3700. One of our printers (bar terminal) all of a sudden stopped working last week, error message pops up "PRINTER COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, Sending to Backup Printer"

Troubleshooted, couldn't figure it out, moved the dead printer to another terminal (server terminal) still the same error there. Decided to just buy a new printer as it was pretty beat up anyway.

New printer came today. Went to hook it up, and I am getting the same error message "PRINTER COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, Sending to Backup Printer" all cables are secure and in good shape, plugged in tightly.

Can anyone please tell me how to fix this? I feel like it's something simple that I'm missing.....

for the new printer have configured the IP adress ?

contact me by email maybe i can have a look cherifbj@gmail.com

What type of Printers are you using? IDN, Ethernet, or Serial? If IDN, verify the dip switch setting match your Printer ID # in POS Configurator. If Ethernet, verify the correct IP is still set on the printer. On your new printer, verify all setting are the same as the printer you replaced. If you have another printer of the same make and model, look at the internal dip switches and make sure none have changed

Kevin C. McIntire
Good Times Restaurants, inc
Good Times Burgers & Frozen Custard
Bad Daddy's Burger Bar

Bar printer is usually network printer. If so, make sure the cable connection is good. Use a RJ45 cable tester to ensure that.

If Epson printer, you need to set up it; ensure IP setup is correct.

It is rare, but does happen: ensure network mask is setup correctly. I had one case that for whatever reason, a workstation's network mask is set to 255.255.255.192, perhaps by some curious hands, and that created IP communication issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back