Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 POS EOL December 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

TobeThor

MIS
Jan 24, 2005
US
How will sites using Micros 3700 POS be effected when Micros ends 3700 support in December? Or has Oracle extended it?

Where have you heard this? They are still actively selling 3700 and also selling in-house support contracts into 2021. I don't think RES3700 itself is approaching EOL. Possibly some hardware again?

I tried to do some checking and i got nothing that supports that claim.

My apologies... after those responses I started asking questions, turns out my information was not reliable and in fact baseless. Didn't intend to cause any grief or panic Micros 3700 users.

Oracle would like to EOL Res3700 but with such a big installed base it's not so easy. They are coming out with a Simphony-lite type product and hoping that takes over the restaurant market but as of now no plans to end Res. What does end is Win7 Pro, next January, and Win7 embedded 1 year after that. Microsoft will no longer offer security and o/s updates for either system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back