Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700/POS 5.0 - Can I Scheduled Emailed Sales Reports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

charliescarface

Technical User
Feb 10, 2013
US
What functionality, if any, is built into the Micros 3700 software that would allow me to schedule reports to be emailed throughout the day? If it's not baked in, is there a third-party utility that would do this? I've found in this forum one reference to a third party script but the link is broken. If I have not provided enough information, let me know. Thanks in advance.

Here is an older version of the software we use:
Unfortunately I can't give you our newer version which handles all of the setup and scheduling within the application; we've started licensing it even though we don't usually even charge our customers for it.

For the older version, you will need to setup an auto-sequence that creates the report for you in a specific folder.

Steps for creating auto sequence
* Open POS Configurator
* Go to 'Reporting' tab
* Open 'Autosequences'
* Click the blue + to create a new auto sequence; give it a name, and set the schedule class drop down to reflect when you want the report run

* Close 'Autosequences' and open 'Autosequence Steps'
* In the top dropdown box, select the autosequence you just created.
* Click the blue + button to add a new step to the autosequence.
Settings for step:
Type: Report
Skip Step: False
Report Tab settings:
Report template: Select the report you want to run
Title: Type in the title for the report; depending on the report, this might show up in the report itself
Print to Disk Filename: Type in the exact path for the report output. If you are running RES 5, PDF is supported. Otherwise I believe you are stuck with .doc and .rtf
eg: D:\Emailed Report Archive\DSR.pdf
eg2: D:\Emailed Report Archive\TimecardTips.rtf
Ranges Tab settings:
Date Range Source: Typically, I set this to yesterday because I am having the report run very early in the morning the next day. Choose whichever works best for you
The settings below date range source change depending on the report; they allow you to see which information to filter, such as specific revenue settings or employees. I typically just set all of them to 'All'.

Once you have your stored procedure setup and the folder that the report will be created in setup, you can install the program I linked.

The way this version of the program works is that you configure it to watch a folder for the creation of the report. When the report is created it renames the file if it is set to do so, and then emails it to a list of recipients. When you launch the main application the first time, there is a Service Controller tab you will need to go to and click install on.

Moregelen

I've done exactly as you described except create the auto sequence. I figured i would be able to test before committing fully to it by simply saving a report to the "watch folder". Can you please advise as to what may be wrong with my config?

Thank you!

Phil

Before I can advise as to what may be wrong, you have to tell me what is or isn't happening...

If your database is broken because it is missing columns or has stored procedures that are screwed up, a database rebuild will usually fix it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back