Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS 3700 Payment type

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Lake

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2016
CL
Hi, how can I see the payment type of a transacction?
I am looking at trans_dtl but I dont see it.

Hi,
What you mean see the payment type? Do you want to see payment type on the Sybase table? or report?

For example if you mean see the tender_media obj_num and name you can check the "micros"."trans_archive_dtl". The below cloumns are showing tender_media object number and tender media name.
TMEDDEF_obj_num
TMEDDEF_name

what I want is a SQL query that will pull for the transactions of a given date, the start and end time for all credit card payments.
We have made changes to the payment terminal and stores are saying that the transaction time has gone up. this is what I wish to check.

Here's the quick and dirty method I usually use for stuff like this. It's much easier than joining together all the tables you'd need for reports.

Join micros.trans_dtl to micros.dtl on trans_seq and filter the results with dtl.dtl_type = 'T'.
The start_date_tm and end_date_tm in trans_dtl will get you the transaction time, rather than the check time.
The dtl.dtl_name field will show the tender type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back