Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 mass price change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rustypaul

Technical User
Feb 23, 2012
CA
Hey all, I am seeking some help regarding my Micros 3700 system. I am looking to drop my night clubs drink prices all at once to 3.25. I have the period created, I do not have 3.25 assigned to any price level. I was wondering if there is a way to set the price to items in a menu class? I or do I Need actually have to change each menu item individually?(which would take me a full day at least)

Any help would greatly be appreciated

Thanks,
Paul
General manager
Rusty cage

Rusty Cage Calgary?
Unfortunatly i believe the only way you can do this is updating all the menu prices individualy.

You could add a price to a menu level and move to that pricing level for items, or depending on version you could apply a discount to override the price, based on LEVEL, TIME PERIOD and MAJOR GROUP or FAMILY GROUP to override the item price.

This can easily be accomplished if you have mymicros. Menu item price changes can be done to a dollar amount, or increased by a dollar amount or percentage (including to the nearest dollar amount) by major group, family group, or individual items.
The utility is called EMS and is available with any version of mymicros.

The only problem with that solution is that mymicros is a rather expensive tool for changing prices. 3k per year, per location is a steep price to pay, and offers very little for a single restaurant owner.

DrZogg has the only viable solution to this one. Move to a new pricing level, which you can shift to either manually or auto, depending on what your decreasing your prices for (i.e Happy Hour), or set a singe discount that can be applied based on Level, Time Period, Major Group, or Family Group.

Are all the night club drinks you want to adjust their own family group or anything that ties them altogether? You could run a simply SQL to make them all the same:

You need to join some tables together, but it would be something like:

update micros.mi_price_def
Join xyz xyz xyz
On xyz xyz xyz {where this relates to the table where the family group of your drinks}
set mi_price_def.preset_amt_1 = 3.25
where mi_price_def.mi_seq > 0 and xyz xyz = 3 {or whatever the seq number of your family group equaled)

Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back