Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 just a PC? Will it run a homegrown application? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

feeple

Programmer
Jun 12, 2005
US
I've seen a number of very affordable Micros 3700 machines show up on eBay recently. I'm currently using PCs with a POS app I wrote myself but am looking for a more compact/integrated hardware solution instead of lugging around complete PCs. Oh, and doing it on the cheap would be nice, too. :)

What are the chances I'll be able to run Windows or Linux with a custom application and be able to access all of the hardware APIs? What I/O ports come on a 3700?

Any help is appreciated.[bigears]

3700 has a couple of rs422 comports and 1 rs232 com port.
loading 98 or nt or 2k nets you use of 1 rs232 com port.
also, have not been able to get the mag card reader to work yet in 98 or 2k.

Touch was fine on the ones we messed with. there are several Aloha dealers that do this somwhat regularly by all accounts. we have only attemted it once and it was surprisingly not terrible. had to add an external msr and a usb to serial for extra printers. still cheaper than buying a new terminal though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back