Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 item Dine in and Take out pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

aogonearth

Technical User
Apr 15, 2022
US
How can i create / make items dual pricing one for dine in and another for take out.
ie. Burger: Take Out $10 and Dine in $15

There are 4 terminals 2 for Take out and 2 for Dine in.

Take out will show take out menu with take out prices and Dine in terminals will show Dine in menu with dine in prices.

What i did?
I created another screen (Called DINEIN) with dine in menu categories and set this screen to dine in terminals. But this set up is cumbersome because same items and categories are also also available under TAKEOUT screen. Now my boss thinks it is ok to flip the menu 45 degree every few months.
I set up a few other system where you just add take out, delivery dine in prices to it's selected boxes and you are done but Micros 3700 i am kind of lost.
I figure out all the modifier linking to screens etc but i can not figure out this. Please help me.

My current categories are like
TAKEOUT Grill, DINEIN Grill
TAKEOUT Sandwiches, DINEIN Sandwiches
TAKEOUT SALADS, DINEIN SALADS

Probably the easiest is to use menu level ricing and have yhe dine in and take out screen call different menu levels.
Ie Burger menu item price level 1 is $15, price level 2 is $10 Dine in screens use price level 1 and takeout screen use price level 2,
If you go further and add "Order Types" to take out and dine in it will allow yuou to do some better tracking/reporting and customization.

Usually takeout/delivery has a fixed (dollar amount or percentage) discount/premium. Use price levels. Also need to pay attention to order recall. You need to recall the discount/premium accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back