Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 Inclusive vs add on tax for separate order types

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin518

Technical User
Nov 21, 2018
US
The problem I would trying to solve is this,

I currently have inclusive and add on tax applied to all Liq, Beer, and Wine, and i have order types filtering out one of the tax classes i.e. the 'Bar' order type doesn't allow for add on tax and the ' Dine In" order type doesn't allow for inclusive tax. This was an effort to allow the bar to sell drinks at a flat rate (bottle beer is $4) while still collecting add on tax when the guest would sit at a table. There is still a discrepancy if the guest were be dining at the bar, we would not be collecting add on tax. Other then having to manually define the order type prior to order entry is there an alternative that would help solve this? My last POS could sell beverages as inclusive until a food item was added to the check and it would become add on for all items.

Thanks for any assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back