Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS 3700: Failed to reconnect to device 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kniteschaed

Programmer
Dec 8, 2015
US
Digging through MICROS logs - I've noticed it's filled with the same two strings over and over (roughly every 5-10 seconds a log entry is generated):

Process: OCBServer
String: CDeviceInterface::DeviceThread() : Attempting to reconnect to device 1

Process: OCBServer
String: CDeviceInterface::DeviceThread() : Failed to reconnect to device 1

Investigation
Physical server (not virtualized)
I've checked CA / EDC Drivers and used the command prompt to check settle -m
Device 1 is our backup modem.

Payment Processor Change
We did change our payment processor from MerchantLink to Upserve (formerly Swipely) awhile back and a part of me wonders if this could be related...
I did watch them setup everything. They changed the auth phone numbers and merchant ID. I don't recall any other changes.
CA / EDC authorization device, settlement device, and port arbitration are all marked for device 1.
Authorization channel and settlement channel are marked 2 (which I presume is also a device number...2 is listed in settle -m as SSTP (Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol)).

Questions
Could this be related to the payment processor change (I didn't see the logs prior to the changeover, I don't know if this has always been showing up)?
Is this functioning normally - just checking/waiting to fail over?
Either way - this easily makes up hundreds (if not thousands) of entries per day...
Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back