Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 DB Validation Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronBeaver

Programmer
Mar 7, 2004
My Res3700 v3.0 Database is not validating. Specifically from the validation log:

Validating "micros".dly_rvc_cmpst_mi_ttl
Run time SQL error -- Foreign key CFK1DLY_RVC_CMPST_MI_TTL has missing index entries

Further investigation shows this is the foreign key for the mi_seq in mi_def:

Code:
ALTER TABLE "micros"."dly_rvc_cmpst_mi_ttl"
	ADD FOREIGN KEY "CFK1DLY_RVC_CMPST_MI_TTL" ("mi_seq") 
	REFERENCES "micros"."mi_def" ("mi_seq")

I could probably find the exact entries in the dly_rvc_cmpst_mi_ttl table by doing an outer join with the mi_def on mi_seq, but would this do me any good?

Do I have the privileges to fix this myself?

I noticed that the dly_rvc_cmpst_mi_ttl table is getting quite huge, as its keeping history since the very first day of install on every menu item. Is there a way to purge some of this?

Is there an end-of-year/annual procedure not being utilized?

The micros.db file is almost 600MB, is that big (I suppose this depends on the size of the operation)?

Thanks in advance.

The best way to fix this and maintain your service contract is to run a rebuild through the Micros Applications/Utilities menu. If you try to fix it manually and something goes wrong, Micros may not touch it until you to restore a backup from before you made the change.

I don't know if it's available in v3.0, but the 4.1 database has daily and yearly purging built into the EO End Of Night procedure. It looks like it defaults to the earliest day left in your accounting periods or, if that's null, 400 days back.
My company doesn't use PM and I haven't dealt with PM problems in years, but I have seen corrupted menu item and employee totals get in the way of data purging. It's possible that you have a purge running and it's choking on the orphaned records. If this is the case, rebuilding will fix the problems that are causing the purge to fail. This will leave the database bloated like a balloon, so rebuild again a week or so after the purging restarts to get rd of the empty space.

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back