Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 Daylight Savings Time Change 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

moodgrl

Programmer
May 11, 2009
US
thread693-1344572
Can someone please tell me how to correct the time in Micros, my computer reads the correct time but my credit cards and happy hour are an hour off.

I have the same problem. Any one know where the time zone setting is that is pushed by CAL to the WS?

We have a 3700 POS as well. Can't figure out how to update the time change on the Wait & Bar terminals. The server updated itself, but the FOH terminals haven't.

Try rebooting all workstations. If this doesn't work then you need to go to each computer and minimize opps and go start:programs:cal:reconfigure cal. Then select the correct server. Make sure the "cal enabled" box is checked and the correct IP is typed in. Click next. Check settings. Make sure automatic DCHP box is NOT checked. Click save. You have to do this to every workstation and make sure the IP address matches the POS configurator for each workstation.

What version of cal are you using?

Also if you are using ws4 when you restart the workstation and you look at the bitmap that shows WS4 there should be a version number on that bitmap the version should be = or > than 2.3 gr.

Also you need to meet the following

cal client for ws4 minimun 1.1.3.55
cal client for ws4lx minimun 6.1.3.68
cal client for ws5 minimun 7.1.3.68
and win2k clients 3.1.1.55 (i think i dont know this one of the top of my head)

Also if you look at the journal you will find entries like this

110 Antony PCWS07
Trn 1064 Nov02'09 02:47PM
--------------------------------
110 Antony, Doe
1 Out Mon Nov02 03:47PM
110 5.79/5.79
Direct Tips 10.00

If you look at the out time its off by 1 hour.

Then you will have to upgrade the cal client then upgrade the platform to 2.3 gr if this is a WS4.

Then the issue will go way.

Also note that if you are running ws4 with 32mb of ram applying a fix might now be as easy as it sounds.

>>Then you will have to upgrade the cal client then upgrade the platform to 2.3 gr if this is a WS4.

sorry this sentence should have been the following.
On a ws4 installing platform 2.3 gr or higer and installing the minimun cal requirement will fix the problem

Westonh, I hope you are still subscribed to this thread because I want to thank you so much. I did exactly what you suggested "minimize opps and go start:programs:cal:reconfigure cal" and it fixed the time!! Woohoo! Micros would have charged me at least $100 to come out and spend the five minutes that it took me. Thank you, thank you, thank you! If you are ever in Lebanon, Indiana, I am definitely am treating you to rack of ribs and a cold beer if you like!

Julie Parks
Parky's Smokehouse
Lebanon, Indiana

I work in a restaurant where we are having the same problem with DST. It appears that i'm going to have to update the CAL client. However, I'm having trouble finding the software. I checked for update utilities on the 3700 server and also the micros website with no luck. Does anyone know where I can find this software?

Those case notes are from the members area of Micros' website, and it looks like they're for helpdesk staff, not customers. They say to drop the executable on the site's desktop, but if you don't work for Micros where do you get these patches from?

oh man.... my bad i just realized i was working on something else when i posted the link and i was logged in the members site. Im not sure where to go from here ?

We had success with reconfiguring the cal, only to find out we would need to do it at least daily since it keeps reverting back to the wrong time.

I guess we need the patch as well. Please let us know if you find a source. Thanks so much for your help Jimmy.

Strange this problem corrected itself when the new year turned over. No doubt it will resurface when the time changes again in the Spring of 2010.

Hello,
I have the same problem, I have the micros Res 3700 with 4 workstation 4s. When the time changed (daylight savings time)only one of the WS4 updated the time. When I tried to change it on the other WS4 manually they just went back to the original time. I even reconfigured Cal, but no success?
I is just strange that one WS4 has the right time

Any Ideas???

The week BEFORE daylight savings time, our time changed on our workstations and they were finally on the correct time after a few months of being wrong. (They had changed time at some point in the winter for no reason.) We were praying they WOULDN"T change the time on March 14 because then they would be on the right time. But they did change time anyway, so to confirm, they changed time twice in two weeks. What's up with that?

So finally I called Micros tech support. Told them the system was possessed and this was worse then when everyone freaked out that the world was going to end when we flipped over to 2000. What everyone thought was going to happen then is happening now on our system. It's whacked. Micros has been working on my system everyday for 4 days trying to figure it out. They worked on our system via Webex and applied 2 or 3 patches to no avail. Right now we finally have the workstations and server all running the correct time, but the printers are printing out the employee time-clock chits one hour off and Micros can't figure it out. They finally sent a support technician to our site yesterday to see if he could solve it. Haven't heard yet whether they did or not.

What's interesting though is I still love our Micros. Even though the employee time chits are printing the wrong time, all my server timekeeping information is correct and I am not worried about overpaying or underpaying staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back