Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 Credit Card Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArgoNavis

Programmer
Apr 6, 2007
US
Hello,

I would be very grateful for a little advice on the following issue. The credit card server (ccs.exe) on a Micros 3700 v3 server is periodically spiking to 99% CPU utilization, and once this happens it doesn't appear to resolve itself. While it seems that subsequent CC authorizations are still successful, batch settlement no longer appears to work.

I've only recently been asked to look at this installation, however I believe that the resulting server performance degradation from the above issue is responsible for a number of other collateral symptoms. For example, workstations are spontaneously deciding that they need to enter backup server mode, and other similar charming problems.

The s/w versions for two of the potential culprits are ccs.exe (v3.0.1.5) and cavsst.dll (v4.1.8.?).

Has anyone run across this situation before? Any ideas on what might be prompting this particular pathology? :)

Thanks for the time!

AN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back