Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 - Cashier Charged Tip Totals? Problems with "Outstanding"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos547

Technical User
May 4, 2017
US
Hello!

I've got a client that is set up to use cashiers. Trying to create a 40-column closing tip report for the servers but am running up against the difference between a cashier's net sales and an employee's net sales. On the cashier reports I am almost always getting an "Outstanding" total and I can't figure out where it is coming from. There are no open checks at the end of the night. I've checked both on the system itself and also in the DB.

It seems to only create a difference between the net sales on the two reports when the outstanding value is a positive number. Originally I created the report using employee totals and then discovered the cashier issue. I am thinking to recreate it as a cashier report but am unable to find the cashier equivalent of "v_R_employee_sales_tips.chgd_tips_ttl"

Notice the difference in net sales on the server tip out report (v_R_employee_sales_tips.net_sls_ttl) and the net sales on the cashier report (v_R_cashier.net_sls_ttl).

Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Example1_bclvcf.jpg

Screen_Shot_2022-05-13_at_11.00.26_AM_rey7c8.jpg

Can you run another set of sales and to get a new employee net sales, new cashier sales, and new outstanding balance and post the photos here.

Here's another example. Despite the large outstanding on this checkout the Net sales was identical for Server and Cashier. I notice that the difference is negative.

Thanks!

Example2_Top_ykzkjj.jpg
Example_2_Emp_pxhhoq.jpg

Ill preface this with im out of my league trying to help here but perhaps i can explain what i know / see here and you or someone else can make sense of it.

That said what, i do know about cashiers is this.

Net Sales are always booked to and employee and the only way net sales are booked to a cashier is if they are generated from the terminal associated with the cashier number. If a check is created by the server at a different terminal and settled at the register associated with cashier it will come through as a negative outstanding because the cashier number didn't generate the check the employee (or another cashier number)did. Vise versa if a transaction is created on the cashier terminal and then opened somewhere else and settled, it it will be a positive number outstanding, Cashier created it and never settled it.

So it seems like you have another terminal in play here that is either generating, or settling checks that are associated with this cashier.

Thanks Colin - This got me thinking about from another angle. I'll keep the thread posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back