Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 - Cash Bar Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjso

IS-IT--Management
Oct 6, 2014
TG
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a solution to improve service workflow in large cash bar events we have at our hotel.
We are currently running Micros 3700.

In this way, at the bar counters there would be no cash registers, no cash being exchanged, no payments taking place.

At the entrance, a customer is given a card, to where all the charges are being processed to, tied to a table number.
At the sole exit, the customer must present this card, and the payments to be made accordingly, and then the table can be closed in Micros.

Maybe you can have some ideas of good practices and/or implementations?
Thank you.

Before you get into that, how will you handle things like the person 'losing' their card on the way out? How will you account for a customer who essentially tries to walk?

That would be an issue to be sorted by the bouncers. Card Lost will be the same.
There is only one exit point.

OK - well, if you did a start check by ID, you can probably buy mag cards encoded the same way they might encode for GSS, IE a straight up 10 digit number. When you swipe while the begin check by ID keyboard is up I believe it automatically appends a carriage return at the end. So all of your checks would basically have meaningless 10 digits numbers, which you could then use pickup check by ID to pickup.

This, of course, is all in theory. I don't have a workstation in front of me to check right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back