Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 Automatic Email Report

GeminiBoy

Programmer
Oct 28, 2016
NG
Can anyone help with procedures to send automatic email from micros 3700.

After EOD pdf reports are archived to a certain path on the server. We want this reports to be sent to specific email addresses automatically

So I don't have the details handy. But what we used to do for our RES clients was have a simple VBS script that grabbed the file(s), put them in an email, and then sent them through our smpt service. We would use the windows task manager to trigger the script at like 5 or 6am. If I can find the script, I'll attach it.

Here's a edited copy of what we used. I marked up the areas in all CAPS where you would add your customer's info, your info, the email info, the file path, and then your SMTP service log in and password.
When EOD would run, it would generate the new reports. they would always be named the same thing each day, so nothing would change on the file path. Then just set a task to trigger the script.

I had to change the file extension to .txt cause the site wouldn't let me upload it the other way. Once you download it, change the file extension back to .vbs.

Attachments

• Report Script.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 16
Thanks a lot for the detailed response.

I will give this a trial.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back