Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

micros 3700 and Epson Kitchen printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxap

Vendor
May 11, 2005
US
All,
Our Epson printer in Kitchen is acting up. We have to turn it off then on to get it working. It happens a few times in a week, just randomly.
Any ideas, tips or help, please?
thanks
mxap

The printer model is: TM-U220B
Thanks
mxap

If it's real old/been in the kitchen a long time the mech inside can get gummed up and just stop/jam. You either have to get a tech to take it apart and clean it or just replace it.

Turn it off, hold the feed button and turn it on, keep holding the button until it starts printing. After it finishes printing the stats, press the feed once and it will do a long red/black print test. If it conks out during this test it's probably gummed up inside or something else in there is failing and you need a service tech or replacement.

If it self-tests ok and it always prints full tickets then stops working and won't start printing the next one I'd be more inclined to look at the network if it's i.p. - bad switch port? Patch cords or network run? If it's IDN could be cable run to whatever WS is controller. Could be the i.p. or idn board in the unit also.

Try removing the power, data cable plus the paper and ribbon
Hold up side down over a trash can
bang the bottom of the printer till all of the paper shaving finishing snowing in the trash can
replace and the cables, ribbons and paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back