Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 + 9700 extractor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SameerKunal

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2012
US
Hey Guys.

I'm trying to build a data extractor for Micros 3700 and 9700 and i have some questions on versioning. ie. What would have to be different in each extractor to get the items below. Lastly, I don't want to reinvent the wheel but is there a company that offers this solution already that i can purchase?

-Check in of employee
-Check Out of employee
-Transaction time stamp
-Headcount of table
-Tip amount
-Ticket level details (what was ordered, name of the item, price of item, quantity of item etc.)
-Discounts
-Payment type
-Tender detail
-Name of server
-Location of meal (bar, upstairs, downstairs etc)
-Recipe book
-Comps & Voids
-Hourly rate of employees
-Employee names

Good luck. The 3700 runs on Sybase, and some of the info you're looking to extract is dependent on the version. The earlier versions of 9700 run proprietory database hosted on a nutcracker unix emulation, ome run on a watered down SQL Server that has to be accessed through and API, and some have full access to a SQL Server database.

In short, you'll have to build a system with each version you plan on supporting and write a data extraction for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back