Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS 3700 5.7.5 RVC Change 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jherrick

Programmer
Jan 23, 2012
US
Hello,

Im attempting to use Change RVC No Signout to put the manager in the right RVC and then provide the correct screen for that revenue center. However using the built in function if the manager is currently in that RVC it just gives a message saying "Already in this Revenue Center". It than stops and doesnt go to the next screen. Works exactly like it should if the manager is in a different RVC than the one choose.

By chance would the SIM script here: work to by pass the error message and only change the RVC if needed?

For the life of me I cant figure out why Micro would even report the error (not really an error) and using a macro doesnt help one bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

A solution can be to create a smartkey for each rvc, and in each smartkey assign the behavior you want when it is in a certain rvc, it can only be to change the screen or change the rvc. These smartkeys can be assigned to buttons on the manager screen.

I did it as JCCR comments, using Smart Keys:

If the key points to the same RVC, the SmartKey for that RVC only executes a Touchscreen - Change Screen and if it is for any other RVC it executes a Change RVC No Sign Out

Wow, can't believe I have gone this long without using smartkeys. Works great, just alot to do with eight revenue centers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back