Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 4.7 .Net upgrade 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmegan

Programmer
Aug 29, 2005
US
Hi,

Does anyone know how to go about installing an upgraded version of .Net on a 3700 server? Back in the day doing this would wreak havoc on the system but I think that was just the ASP.Net version changing for the local Micros websites. Are there any guidelines or steps to follow for loading a current version?

This is my situation. I have a bunch of 3700 systems ranging from 4.6 to 4.9; all but one came with the .Net 1.1 through 3.5 frameworks loaded. According to our dealership all these versions were installed on the imaged server before 3700 was loaded. The lone server without only has .Net 1.1 and I'd like to get 3.5 installed so it can run the same helper programs as the rest.

Thanks in advance

I have upgraded Every version of Micros, including RES3000.
You have nothing to worry about.
Micros uses dotnet 1.1.4322. Other versions on the computer will not affect it. If you look at IIS and the assembly Micros uses to deliver the web components like Manager Procedures, menu board etc.

You will only have issues if you manually go into these assemblies and actually change the dotnet version it uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back