Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 2700: How to set PMS baud rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandsaw

MIS
Mar 5, 2004
US
Hello, all...New member here.

We recently installed a Micros 2700 (w/touchscreen) system in one of our golf facilities dining rooms. Our golf course operations software has a Micros interface which we used in the past with a previous Micros system for the Property Management System (PMS) features of Micros. I'm trying to get the 2700 system to connect, but I think the baud rate or other communications parameters don't match the requirements on my end. I haven't found out where in the configuration menus these settings can be changed. Any ideas?

Thanks,
-- Tim

Hi Tim,

If you have established a connection, you must have a CIB board build in one of your system units. This system unit has a logical number in the system.
Go with your manager code or golden key in to the configuration (SHIFT + ENTER) then choose (2 | 2 | 2 | 1) Scroll down to your system unit, and look for the CIB option board, there are some options which you can configure to set the baud rate, data bits, stop bit etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back