Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micro USB 2.0 vs Micro USB 3.0 Connectors 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjv1611

Jul 9, 2003
US
If I have a couple of older phones using Micro USB 2.0 connections, and I buy a micro USB 3.0 wire, will it fit on the phone end? Is it backwards compatible on that end? I thought I'd ask to be sure, because it looks to me like it is only backwards compatible on the computer-end.

Here's one reference:

Or... maybe it is backwards compatible, but just part of it doesn't connect??

Thanks for any thoughts, references, etc.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

depends on the cable, if the micro side is a single port, it will be compatible, but there are some usb 3.0 superspeed cables, that are a strange looking stacked, or side by side configuration with 10 pins.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering about - it looks like some images I've seen have a funny looking connector on the micro end. I suppose I'll just need to go by pictures to be sure.

Thanks

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back