Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micro Focus call-by-name routines

Status
Not open for further replies.

webrabbit

MIS
Jan 31, 2003
US
I am trying to use the Micro Focus routine "PC_WIN_OPEN_PRINTER_EXT" and other such Windows-specific printer routines. I found them in TOOLS.LBR, but cannot access them. I am using Micro Focus COBOL 3.2.46 for DOS, OS/2, & Windows. My O/S is Windows 98 SE. When I link the program, I get "unresolved external reference PC_WIN_OPEN_PRINTER_EXT". How do I get access to these routines?

the traditional way is to include the library in the LIB parm of your LINK program. Libraries can be concatenated using a +.

Unfortunately, it is TOOLS.LBR, not TOOLS.LIB. Does anyone know what LIB these routines are in?

this link:
Part of the text: Deployment
When you compile your COBOL application using Net Express, you need to choose which format to package it in:

If you compile it to .int code, you will be able to deploy your Web service on both Windows NT and Unix. You can package your .int files as an .lbr library file. .int is the slowest-running of the available formats though.

So it seems to be a .int format? Doest that help you?

It is not Net Express. It is COBOL 3.2.46 for DOS, Windows, and OS/2. When I compile to a .INT format, I get
Load failure (173) on file D:\COBOL\EXEDLL\PC_WIN_OPEN_PRINTER_EXT
Description : Called program file not found in drive/directory (Error 173)

You need to set up envirionmental variables to point at the cobol work directories. You can do this in your Autoexec.bat. You need to point at the \Cobol\EXEDLL directory and the \Cobol\LBR directory.

I guess I need the Windows[sup]TM[/sup] version of the compiler. Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back