Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micro-ATX motherboard in an ATX tower 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

javierdlm001

Technical User
Jun 28, 2008
CA
I have an ATX tower. And I am considering getting a micro-ATX motherboard, as I'm trying to keep the cost as low as possible.
I am not too demanding either. So as long as all the sockets and ports are available and the motherboard can be secured to the tower "enough" that would do it for me.
Would this be possible?

Thanks guys :)

JDL

Motherboards come with a 'backplate' to fit in the rectangular hole in the case that suits the positions of the ports and sockets on the board.

Expansion slots positions are standardised, so provided your case mounting plate has holes in the right places to accommodate the stand-off pillars for a micro-atx board it will fit. The only proviso to this would be if you are buying a 'pre-owned' board that was made for a specific manufacturer machine model, these may well be designed to fit in a specific case rather than a standard case.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.

Never mind this jesus character, stars had to die for me to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back