Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiContact Multimedia Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devolution

Programmer
Jun 6, 2005
GB
Hello all,

I am trying to understand the MiContact server a bit better, specifically reporting on multimedia interactions. We have a multimedia MiContact server v9.4 that is filling up its data drive and we can't expand it due to cost restraints. The \MiContact Center\DataDirectory\SearchStorage folder is about 42GB full of email interactions and I wanted to know if I can delete files from here without impacting the reporting on these interactions.

I know that with voice interactions, the data gets written to the SQL db and any reports run will pull that data from the db's allowing the raw call data to be deleted if required but does this also happen with multimedia interactions? I can't find a description of how it works for multimedia in any of the Mitel pdf's. The MiContact Architecture course (which might still be on Mitel's LMS) had a breakdown of reporting for voice which filled in a few blanks.

Thanks in advance.

I managed to get an answer to this.

Multimedia interactions (chats and emails) are only stored in the ElasticSearch database. You can open the ElasticSearchManager and will see (and modify) the records.
The SQL database stores all the configuration and the trace events for voice interactions for statistical and reporting purposes.

The SearchStorage folder contains all the source MSG files for emails including their attachments. Don't delete these files manually as it will cause Ignite to report an 'error loading interaction'. You can use the ElasticSearchManager tool

c:\Program Files (x86)\Mitel\MiContact Center\Support\ElasticSearchManager\ElasticsearchManager.exe or Head Plugin to purge these as described in KMS HO4580

If you need to relocate this folder to some other drive, please see attached file in KMS HO4380

as per usual its crap design
they added email queuing years ago and there has never been an automatic method to keep that clean

you basically have to purge them or move them to another location as mentioned by Devolution

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back