Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micollab v 9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Mckevitt

Systems Engineer
Mar 12, 2018
GB
Hi - We have recently installed and started to use the Micollab for home working as part of our contact centre solutions due to the COVID pandemic.

All works great except when an agent wants to speak to a 3rd party as a consultation call. If the phone is engaged at the other end the agent gets the message stating "Cannot Establish the call. The other party may be busy" in a grey box. If they are really quick they can click OK on the box and the original call will ring back on the Micollab and the call can continue. The issue is that if they take more than a couple of seconds then the call disappears from the Micollab and cannot be retrieved in any way. We are using Ignite in conjunction with the Micollab for agents to manage their call status and when you look on Ignite it shows the agent has an incoming call still but again this cannot be retrieved. Eventually the agent will go in to Make Busy/Available again but the original customer is just left hanging.

Any ideas on a fix for this?

Cheers

Rich

Many thanks Richard

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=f1216e3a-99db-4149-9af0-211ea785376f&file=Call_Transfer.PNG
Hi - Is that on the Micollab Client Server? Or on the Mivb for the agent Ext?

Cheers

Rich

Many thanks Richard

Hi - I checked the COS
MULTILIKE_KEYS_COS_juudll.png

I have also tried to film the issue - in the film you can see that if the grey banner is not clicked quick enough the call vanishes! it is a really odd one this

Many thanks Richard

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=86694bbd-cf52-4a4a-a924-3d151bd4afb4&file=Call_Error.gif
Im not talking about display anything in the cos.

You need to add a multicall keys in the mivb user and devices > your softphone extension >key

Sunspark I believe that he said it was an ACd agent .
"agent wants to speak to a 3rd party as a consultation call"
you cant have multicalls of an acd agent extension, your thinking of a real sip softphone

ACD softphone using micollab isnt really sip - it uses a sip device for the transport but the extension is minet

what versions are being used - MICC, Micollab, MIVB

From memory there were some issues with call handling on early versions

"In MiCC releases earlier than 9.1.X Web Ignite used only a ‘Supervised Transfer’ method. Where the external party cleared the call before answer, Web Ignite automatically retrieved the ‘held call’. This could, under certain call scenarios result in two MiTAI recall events. The second ‘recall’ was being treated as a ‘hang-up’ causing the call to disconnect."

"HotFix KB505980 - Caller Disconnected After Failed Consultation Transfer (Destination Busy) via Web Ignite"

Fixes in MiVB 9.1 SP2
MIVB-25743 Unable answer RecallHeldParty via Ignite(Mitai)when MiCollab ACD sip softphone consultation call fails due DND, Busy Destination unavailable

I would suggest upgrading all to the very latest versions

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Hi thanks for this

We are currently on the following

MICC 9.3.1.0
MIVB 9.1 SP2 ( 9.1.2.4)
MiCollab 9.2.0.104-01

So we are on the most up to date versions as far as I am aware

Many thanks Richard

MiVoice Border Gateway 11.0.0.313

Many thanks Richard

looks like your going to a conference ?

why not try transfer and then search for contact and use consultation ?

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

It still gives the same error - as soon as the other line is busy you get this and if not quick to dimiss the message and get the customer back they are just lost

Its a pain as we are not like the only people using MIcollab!!

Many thanks Richard

I have raised this up to Mitel - we have all the up to date patches so will see what they say!

Cheers for the help

Many thanks Richard

Have you try to add a single line to that extension on key number 2? It should fix the issue.

dont ask me why , try to change the Sip device capability 71 by 1 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back