Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiCollab Softphone Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrickyPC

IS-IT--Management
Mar 23, 2005
GB
Hi,

I am using MiVoice Business (Mitel 3300) 7.2 SP1 PR1, and MiCollab Client Service V8.1.1.13 on a virtual MAS.

My Windows 10 Pro PC uses MiCollab Client V8.1.111.

I have a softphone configured which until last week has worked without issue. I connects directly to the Mitel 3300, I do not use Teleworker (MBG).

The Softphone is setup in Mitel 3300 as a UC Endpoint, Full service level, Class of Service is 15 and that has been configured for softphone usage, SIP Device Capabilities is 71 and configured for use. SIP Password has been set and configured in the MiCollab user account service to match.

In MiCollab Client, I switch the softphone on and the sequence it displays is "Initializing", "Registering", "Shutting Down", "Error".

I have trolled through the MiCollab Client logs and found nothing of any use to point out the issue. It is like the MiCollab Client softphone connects successfully in the logs, then disconnects because it was told to.

I want to see what the Mitel 3300 logs for the softphone say but I have no idea where to look for these logs, can anyone help me?

Did you check the TUG log file on the MiCollab server in MSL? Or the Tug<servername> log file?
I had to troubleshoot a similar issue when MiCollab Softphone was connecting to MBG. Found out it was a cert issue in the configuration of MiCollab Client.
I'm not exactly sure what to look for, but I would start with finding the SIP messages related to your connection attempt and step by step go through it to see where it is failing. I'm sure there will be a SIP message in there that says Not Found, or Unauthorized or something to that effect anyway.
Also, check in your MiCollab Client configuration - maybe you are using TLS and you don't have it setup properly (Ex. not the correct port forwarding)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back