Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiCollab PC Client as Hotdesk ACD Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

danramirez

Programmer
Oct 25, 2009
ES
Hi Gents,

I have setup a Hotdesk ACD MiCollab agent that is receiving calls from the queue with no issues. MiCollab is 9.5 and PBX is MiVB 9.4.

When the Agent doesn't take the call and the ACD No Answer timer expires the Agent is put as absent (Expected behaivior). The problem is that I find no way to set the presence state back to Presnt from the MiCollab Client interface.

Also, How does the agent get notified that he is in Present or Absent state, any visual notification? In the MiNet phone is easy by setting a key to monitor the presence state.

I have the feeling that I am missing some ACD functionalities in the MiCollab view. I only see Home, Contacts, Call History, Voicemail, Ring Groups and Settings. I have already enabled "Enable ACD features in client" under Accounts in MiCollab but it didn't make any difference.

Please let me know, Thank you,

Daniel

My answer is based on the latest versions of MiCollab and MiContact. You don't get all the ACD functionality in just the MiCollab Client. You need to pair this with Ignite. If an agent is logged into both and you have set Ignite to use the user's ACD extn, then calls from MiContact will be presented to the agent in Ignite whilst using the call handling functionality of MiCollab in the background. The agent can then use Ignite to set Make Busy and other ACD functions not available in the MiCollab Client alone.

yep its crap , mitel refuse to add any acd functionality to micollab because they have the strange idea that everyone loves web ignite .

the only option for group presence control via micollab would be to add speed calls with FAC codes

- so if the fac for Group Presence - Join Group is ##2 and the ACD Skill group number is 92698
add a speed call to the micollab home page - call it present ( or whatever) and set the number to -##292698

if you want to join all groups use the fac for that

the - will stop the system from adding an access code
of course you wont know your are absent because again mitel think that you would be using ignite for presence.

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back