Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiCollab log files - Changing Presence 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishhead64

Technical User
Apr 25, 2007
US
Is there a log that will tell us if someone changed presence in their ring group from Present to Absent.
We have a ticket that Oncall routing wasn't working, we can't recreate it, this morning it's working as it should, as it has for months. We think the person getting the calls (that shouldn't have) was Present and made himself Absent after the fact but said he didn't. So in essence, we don't believe him.

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
Mitel Standard Linux 11.0.99
OVA 9.4.1.8
MiVoice Business Release level: 9.4
NuPoint Unified Messaging Build: 20.6.0.4.01
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

You can retrieve this data in the MiCC Contact Center Client via ACD Inspector.

Fire up Contact Center Client, go to Tools -> Data Mining -> Inspector. When the Inspector tool loads, choose the ACD Inspector tab. Select your dates and media servers to search, put the ring group member's DN in the "Extension" field, and run your search. The results will appear in the "Agent events" tab of the results. You should see "Agent Join Group" when they go present, and "Agent Leave Group" when they go absent; the "Reason" column will show which ring group the presence was changed for.

I love this more than you can imagine!
Gave me exactly the info I needed. Logging this as "Best thing that happened to me today"
Thank you!

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
Mitel Standard Linux 11.0.99
OVA 9.4.1.8
MiVoice Business Release level: 9.4
NuPoint Unified Messaging Build: 20.6.0.4.01
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

The SMDR and ACD Inspectors are good detective tools once you figure out how to use them to get the data you're looking for. Takes a bit of trial and error to figure it out.

I wasn't 100% sure that the inspector tracked presence as opposed to login Logout. I'm pleased that it does.

To get closer to the cause of the issue, I think you might want to check your setting for Auto-Logout of last member of group.

For something like OnCall you definitely do not want logout to automatically happen if there's a missed call.

In my experience Ring Groups don't auto logout members if they miss a call.

I've got a few teams in my org that use mobile softphones logged into ring groups to provide 24/7 coverage. I've trained the users that at the start of their coverage shift they need to make sure to launch MiCollab, ensure their softphone is enabled and that they are present in their assigned coverage group. This also forces a registration refresh with the push notification server and the MiCollab server. That alone has helped reduce issues with missed calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back