Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiCollab Installation on Hyper-V

Status
Not open for further replies.

danramirez

Programmer
Oct 25, 2009
ES
Hi gents, I am about to install MiCollab on Hyper-V. Can you help with the installation order after VM has been crated?

I am thinking of:

1. Install MSL using iso file
2. Add all blades using iso files. (Do I also need to add Virtualization blade in a similar way I will add, AWV, NuPoint, MiCollab and MBG?.

I am thinking of adding all blades through the MSL admin console using the Install blade from CD.

3. License the Server and Sync with AMC. Do I license this before or after installing the blades?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

you install a Micollab on Hyper-V the same way you do for a physical server, the only difference is that you need to have a virtual license.
1- Install MSL using iso file
2- license the server and sync with AMC
3- acces the server from the web page (Micollab IP/server-manager), go to blade and install the blades from there using CD/DVD(no need to install the virtualizatio blade)
4- reboot the server.

virtualisation blade is NOT for Hyper-V
from memory it wont let you install it ( its the vmware tools package)

your method is correct - hyper-v MUST be generation 1 and there are some resource reservations to make regarding memory and cpu %
when i do them i dont add HDD during the Hyper-v wizard but do it manually later
this allows you to set the HDD as thick provisioned ( wizard does thin from memory)
You cant load the blades until it knows what it is so i normally do MSL

then login via web then sync license
then you might have the option on later version to download from AMC ( ok with fast internet but not so good if its slow)
if you want to load from iso mount one and select just that with internet deselected
it should read from disk and then repeat for all the others

we normally add charges for Hyper-v customers as deploy and upgrade is so much more labour intensive that vmware

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back