Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiCollab Conference 2nd Public IPv4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe King

Technical User
Feb 22, 2017
GB
Hi
I have a 8.0 MiCollab with clustered MBG to a standalone MBG which is in DMZ. MiCollab deployment works fine.

I have asked are IT dept for 2nd public IP address for conference. This IP has DNS to conference.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com

because I don't have a WAN interface on MBG where do I program the public IP for conference.

do I need internal DNS for conference as well.

Thanks for any replies.

on router 1:1 nat the public ip to the IP address of the external(DMZ) MBG
then setup web proxy on the MBg to route conference.com to the micollab

set DMZ MBG to do local resolution for conference..com to the internal address first

inside network dns should be set for conference.com to the internal address of micollab
externally it should resolve to the public IP

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Of you are using the web proxy on the MBG. you don't need a second ip address if you just use 4443 default and change the settings in AWC

There is no longer a requirement for a 2nd public IP for AWC.
It uses port 4443 for both internal and external. You need to make sure the firewall is allowed for this.
In "Web Conferencing Settings", make the Internal and External port the same.

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

I haven't tried it but I think if you wanted a separate name you could add another host name as self, make awc use this name, also make it a SAN on the MiCollab certificate. Tou could create a separate proxy for this name on the MBG for only the conference setting and use the Micollab name for all else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back