Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiCollab and SRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

floppy1

Technical User
Aug 7, 2009
GB
vMiCollab 9.2 with MBG integrated with vMiVb 8.0 SP3, The MBG is in server / gateway configuration.

I have not installed a SRC as yet but have been tasked to do so.

Documentation on SRC seems to vary as there are many ways to integrate the SRC but this is what we are trying to accomplish.

There is a third party Oak call recording who will be tapping in to record and store calls and they are asking for access to our OIG server ? is this the MiCollab or do we need to set up a new MSL with the OIG software and licencing.

My understanding is that the SRC is built into the MiCollab server via the MBG so these days the SRC does not need a separate MSL server but can be installed onto our vMiCollab server. If this is the case I assume we require tap licences on the MBG

If anyone can point me in the right direction as to licencing and getting the SRC onto the vMiCollab it would be much appreciated.

We have in our licence bank the following

54003181 SRC Base Pack with 5 Licenses = 1 and I am unable to assing this to the vMiCollab server as it already has a base package so I guess our sales people ordered the wrong PN and I assume we simply need the 5 SRC licences and not the SRC Base Pack with 5 Licenses.

54006215 OIG MCD Call Control-Adv User (50) not sure what to do with these or even if they are required for our application.

Sort of depends where te phones are that need to be recorded ( internal or external)
and how many

- yes OIG is a seperate Server - will require a base license and perhaps some additional licensing

- SRC is very finicky
the onboard MBg
can be a SRc for teleworkeres when micollab is in server - gateway
cannot be the Micollab MBg for internal users if its in server-gateway

you need to deploye a MBG server and apply that base pack
- these days mitel prefer direct SRC connection so the Internal phones need to connect via the SRC-MBG
- external phones will be connected as TW via the Public ip of the Micollab

With MiVCR we cqn have multiple SRC connections to pick up both streams - not sure how oak are doing it via OIG but they will probably need to collect audio from both the MBG on micollab( TW) and the MBG-SRC ( internal)

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Billz66

Thanks. We intended to apply call recording globally so all sets teleworker or otherwise would be recorded around 30 phones but it seems that the MBG has to be in server only mode to do this. So back to looking at setting the MBG to server only mode ?

Don't think we need to consider OIG at this point as we should be able to use the MBG with SRC enabled

oak might require the OIG to provide them with the call information
MiVCr uses SRc to provide the Decrypted Audio and a CTI connection to the pabx for call information

Hi

We may now implement the below. From the -MBG-11.0-IM-SS document 5-13

Example 2

• MiVoice Border Gateway server with teleworker services residing in the DMZ. Can be designated as the ICP for Teleworker Phones. • Second MiVoice Border Gateway on the LAN with SRC.

So we leave our current Micollab / MBG / teleworker server as is and as is and add a second vMBG with SRC in server only mode.

I just need some assistance on how to configure the MBG servers

I don’t really understand how to link the two MBG’s

Oak tell me they will be recording from the SIP trunks and at the moment we are not proxying the SIP trunks on the MBG is it still possible and do we need direct or indirect call recording set on both MBG’s

And how do the below

MiVoice Border Gateway server with teleworker services residing in the DMZ. Can be designated as the ICP for Teleworker Phones

Sorry I am pretty conversant with MiVb and MBG as a teleworker server but the SRC has be a bit baffled. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

if they are recording the sip trunk traffic then you need to find out how they are planning on capturing the RTP.

we have done this before with oak where the entire voice vlan had a single switch port as the uplink towards the sip trunk provider
that was on the same switch that the Oak Server was connected to and they used a monitor port on the switch to capture the traffic
- like a packet capture

- no need for SRC or MBG in that case
TW phones would still have to route their sip trunk traffic via that connection so they were captured

from memory we had to disable encryption on the MIVB ( system options)

Billz66

I think now I have got my head around the SCR and the various configurations. We are going to have a go and schedule in a date with Oak.

I like your solution but on the other hand I am keen to get SRC working and learn from the experience.

Thank you for your assistance and all being well I wont need to post any more on this subject.

pretty sure for trunk side using SRc you need to use the MBG as sip proxy and put the SRc taps on that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back