Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mice keep breaking!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDFREEK

Technical User
Apr 16, 2002
GB
I have had about 8 mice in the last 3 months and they were all PS2 mice. They were also different makes like Genis Microsoft etc. So i want a USB one which should OK. When i say broke i mean the mouse ball no moving where it should do and would a USB optical mouse be OK and will it last any longer.

If you had a tendency to disconnect and reconnect the PS2 mouse while the system was powered on you may have shorted out the pins and that is possibly why you are getting breaks in movement on the PS2 mouse.

USB is hot swapable which means you can disconnect and reconnect while the computer power is on with no problems. Probably your best bet and optical is great!

Good Luck!

ggebhart@clover.net
I hope I never get too old or arrogant to learn something new!

Depending upon the environment (read: contact surface) you are using for your mouse - you 'may' be picking up debris with your mouse which is being deposited on the rollers which the mouse ball acivates. If this is the case, then an optical mouse (no ball) should solve your problem).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back