Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mice and other pointing devices Missing from device mgr

Status
Not open for further replies.

itcons

Technical User
Apr 12, 2004
US
Hi there.. I'm trying to fix a computer that has a mouse problem. The mouse is not working and I concluded that the "Mice and other pointing devices" is not listed in the device manager. The client was installing a usb driver, rebooted the computer and this is when the problem started. I also tried a new mouse and used system restore but still no mouse.. any suggestions??? Thanks!! Win XP

Have you tried uninstalling all the USB entries from Device Manager, rebooting, and allowing Windows to rediscover them.

Was the Mouse you tried a USB or other type?

On the View menu from Device Manager, have a look at "Show Hidden Devices" see if anything strange turns up. Try Safe Mode and Device Manager, see if you have any thing like duplicate devices listed from there.

Device Manager Does Not Display Devices That Are Not Connected to the Windows XP-Based Computer

Some Mice like to be plugged in to the Keyboard.

mouse woes????
thread779-973869

Thanks for responding.. No I have not uninstalled all USB entries from the devide manager. The mouse is plugged into the ps2 port. But I will try that anyhow tonight, along with the rest of your post and will report back.

Thank you again-

Joe!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back