Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiCC Business and SQL 2019-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe King

Technical User
Feb 22, 2017
GB
Hello
I'm moving from SQL Express on the enterprise server to remote sql. I know the MiCC and SQL can communicate as I shared a temp folder to move the databases.
When I run the MiCC repair and enter the sql server name, which is SQL01 it cant find it. Do you need a DNS for this, adding the IP address doesnt work either.

Thanks in advance

MICC SQL Express remains in place.
both servers need to be 'visible' to each other
i normally use a domain service account and set both sql services to run under it ( and other critical Micc services and app pools)

mitel have a few KMS articles here is part of one of them HO2396
Note that this process applies only to the CCMData and CCMStatisticalData databases; CCMRuntimeService (along with CCMRouting and Ccmwa on some servers) must remain in the local instance on the Enterprise server.

The first step is to enable remote SQL Server connections.
1. On the SQL Server, in the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or 2014 program folder, navigate to the SQL Server Configuration Manager
2. Under SQL Server Configuration Manager (Local), expand SQL Server Network Configuration and click Protocols for <SQL Server instance name>
3. In the right pane, right-click Named Pipes and click Enable
4. In the right pane, right-click TCP/IP and click Enable
5. Under SQL Server Configuration Manager (Local), click SQL Server Services
6. In the right pane, right-click SQL Server (<SQL Server instance name>) and click Restart
7. In the right pane, right-click SQL Server Browser and click Properties
8. Click the Service tab and after Start Mode, select Automatic
9. Click Apply
10. Click OK
11. In the right pane, right-click SQL Server Browser and click Start

This requires a domain user who is a sysadmin in the local SQL instance, as well as a sysadmin in the remote SQL instance (the latter can be removed after the migration has been completed)
1. Add the user to the Administrators group on MiCC server
2. Make the user a sysadmin in the local SQL Express instance on the MiCC server and an owner of the CCMData and CCMStatisticalData databases
3. Detach the CCMData and CCMStatisticalData databases from the local instance of SQL Express
4. Move the CCMData and CCMStatisticalData files to the remote SQL server
5. Attach the CCMData and CCMStatisticalData databases to the desired instance on the remote SQL server
6. Make the user an owner of the CCMData and CCMStatisticalData databases in the remote SQL instance
7. Run the MiCC Setup utility to input the new SQL location and credentials for the remote SQL instance (the local instance will require no changes)
The following services and application pools are now logging on as the user:
• MiContact Center Configuration Manager
• MiContact Center Data Synchronization
• MiContact Center Reporter service
• MiContact Center SQL Writer service
• AuthorizationServer application pool
• MCCWa application pool

The following services and application pools must also be configured to log on as that user.
• MiContact Center Enterprise
• MiContact Center Inbound Router (if IVR services are installed)
• MiContact Center Mass Transit Runtime
• prairieFyre application pool
• CCMWa application pool

NOTE REMOTE SQL server MUST have TCP1433 and UDP1434 open on its firewall

change all iis pools and services to run under the service account

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Thanks for reply mate, very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back