Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MGU card LED Indications problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lapakhora

MIS
Jan 18, 2012
PK
Hi, it is CS1K release 7.6 with 07 MG1010 gateways. In two gateways the RING/MSG WAIT light of MGU card is RED. In both cabinet one have all analog cards in it and in other cabinet callpilot/ICB and digital card installed in it. Can somebody help why this LED is red and how to find out out that it is some problem wit both gateways.

do you have any issues other than the LED is lit??? I know on some of the FALC cards you used to get some sort of voltage bleed to the LED on the face plate so the card initially looks DSBL but was ENL in the software

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

That is the LED that indicates the Ring Generator/Message Waiting process is working. There are only two status levels. Green = Normal and Red = Failure.

The most common issue that causes this, as I have seen, is pulling the card out while the system is powered on. Originally, it was published that this card is hot swappable, but from what I have seen is if you do this, you will lose the ring generator and message indicators on the analog cards in this Media Gateway.

Right now, your analog lines in those media gateways are probably not ringing. I have never seen a reset process on this and the only mitigation would be a replacement of the MGU card to get this working again.

Hope this helps.

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back