Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MGC registered to CS but still not seeing peripheral cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

im_m_fun

Technical User
Sep 23, 2009
US
Good morning all,

Here's one I haven't seen in all my years of working on the CS1K. I have a CS1K cabinet system running 7.0, with MGC and CP-PM (i. e. not co-resident). Upon reboot the MGC goes through the usual display stuff and goes to 000 0 (loop and shelf). DSPs are all registered. MGC RD log shows registration and receipt of the database info from the CS.

But...none of the cards come up. IDC of any card results in NPR327 (not seeing card). LD 117 card inventory has all cards <unavailable>. Needless to say all the phones are dead and I can't enable the PRI.

Has anyone seen this? If so, what was the solution?

Also, the location is several hours away and I wouldn't be able to go anyway, so all must be done remotely. All the IP connections are fine so I can SSH to both MGC and CS.

Thanks!

I used to come across this problem and I can't be certain, but I think the Call Server needs to be rebooted and then the Signalling Server after a few minutes followed by any Media Cards so that they all Sync correctly onto the Call Server.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

That's the weird part. Everything *appears* to be synced correctly. MGC says it's happy with the CS, and vice versa. UCM info shows proper registration. DSP ports are all registered and idle. Even the display on the MGC shows superloop and shelf, not E002 or E003 or any other error code. Network appears fine, I can ping all over the place. The CallPilot STAT ELAN in LD 48 is showing active/empty (as expected). And there are no error codes or bug codes or anything popping up, either in my SSH session or in any of the logs. From the command line, it looks like a properly running system.

Except for the minor sticky point of the CS not being able to see any of the cards...

I just did an UPGMG FORCE to re-push all the loadware out to the MGC, in the hope maybe something wasn't right on the MGC and overwriting with even the same release of loadware would help, but no joy.

can you IDC the DSP cards (0 and/or 11), if so i would appear to be ok on the MGC but not anything on the back plane. options I would try is like Firebird said sysload, I would say reseat MGC but guess that has been done, have you got another MG you could test it in.

Yes, I can IDC the DSP card, and they show Registered and Idle if I do a STAT. But nothing on the backplane will respond.

Sysload has been done (multiple times), at this point I am certainly looking at replacing the cabinet, unfortunately they are remote and travel isn't an option right now because COVID.

I believe this problem was resolved in 7.6. We had this issue when moving to 7.5. Anytime we brought an MGC card online we would have to sysload the PBX in order for it to work and see all cards on that shelf. They provided a patch for this in 7.5, but they didn't get to us until we were already moving to 7.6. It sucked big time because we were converting 14 MGC's across the US and everytime we had to add one, we had to reboot the core.

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back