Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MGC cold boots CSP and MSP from Gold image every time

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtismo

MIS
Dec 4, 2006
US
I'm having a problem with an MGC card. Long ago this card failed during an upgrade so installed a spare MGC, performed some of the Gold image recovery tasks to get the card back to working shape, and put it back in my spares box. A couple of weeks ago my provider came in and installed the latest 7.5 Deplist and we had problems with another MGC card (failed upgrading the CSP to CD04) so planned to put my spare in. However, I have found that every time my spare is cold booted, it goes back to the Gold CSP and MSP images and has to reload and reboot. Have gone to the boot menu for the card and set the booting to default, also tried setting CSP and MSP to boot to Gold image one time, all without success. The card appears to not retain the downloaded loadware. Warm reboots and the card is OK and doesn't need to download loadware.

Any suggestions on recovering this card?

So nearly every time i have had an issue on 7.5 with MGC loadware it has been most commonly that the MGC is not in the sec domain, so it downloads the files goes for reboot but then cant read the files so comes up on previous. Easy to fix just login to the MGC using the admin2 then do joinSecDomain. Other times have been down to ACL's on remote gateways not allowing SFTP, again easily overcome just disable the secure transfers in LDB. You can check the satus of MGC in LD 117 with "stat ucm sys refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back