Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MFIM 50 password 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldAndKnackered

Programmer
Jan 10, 2007
GB
Hi, We have been asked to take over maintenance for a company who's maintainers have gone bust, they have an iPECS MFIM 50 processor, and I believe the password has been defaulted by tech support. However, as I only started on iPECS on the UCS, I haven't logged onto an MFIM before. Does anyone know what the straight out of the box username and password is to log on?
Thanks

or
Username should be blank

If its running old software then you may need to login using an older browser. Google QT Web and download that browser as it seems to get onto all older MFIMS. The MFIM's are very similar to the new UCP in relation to programming. Same layout, program steps and processes.

Cheers

Thanks,

I'll give it a try. I found that my Win 10 laptop wouldn't talk to it, but my old "emergency backup" Win XP one which I keep to talk to older systems got me to the login, but that was as far as I could get.

with a serial cable you can default any password on a mfim .

this procedure needs to be performed on-site.
The serial settings on your HyperTerminal session should be 115300 Baud, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit,
no flow control. (Phase 3 baud rate: 38400)
1. Connect your PC’s serial port to the MFIM serial 1 port, with a serial cable.
2. Start a Telnet session with the settings above.
3. Press enter – you should get this prompt:-
iPECS-50 System
Version MFIM/AU93M-E.5Gj DEC/11
Checksum: 0
DATE: 01/11/12
TIME: 09:51:33
SITE NAME :
You are on TCP1
ENTER PASSWORD:
4. Type the password “jannie”, and press enter to acces maint> mode,:-
ENTER PASSWORD: ******
5. To alter the administration password type:- ‘password adm xxxxxxxx’ ,
where xxxxxxxx represents your new password ( up to 8 digits ) and press enter:-
maint> password adm 1234
Admin Password changed
OR to clear the admin password type:- ‘password adm’ and press enter:-
maint> password adm
Admin Password cleared
6. To alter your maintenance password type:- ‘password man xxxxxxxx’,
where xxxxxxxx represents your new password ( up to 8 digits )
maint> password man 5678
Maint Password changed
OR to clear your maintenance password type:- ‘password man’ and press enter:-
maint> password man
Maint Password cleared
7. Finally exit the maintenance utility by typing:- x
maint> x
DATE: 12/02/04 TIME: 10:23:50
Exiting maintanence utility…
8. Note: You can use the command usr – to change the User password. maint> password usr
9. To turn off TLS to assist accessing some older systems: maint> web tls off

just turn tls off on the older systems to get round your browser problems . this can be done like above . of you can do it through the key set using program 160 / 162 . and turning tls for web off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back