Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MFC42.dll error 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGolem

Programmer
Aug 25, 1999
US
Visit site
Using Eudora Pro 4.2, occasionally I get an MFC42.dll error and have to close the program. I can then reopen and use it. It doesn't happen everytime. I looked over the support FAQs at Qualicomm and the problem<br>
was not described there. Anyone have an answer for this?

Dueling DLLs. One version of the mfc42.dll is already loaded (usually the version in the Eudora subdirectory).
Then you load something like Netscape that doesn't like it.
In my office, one person found that if they load Netscape first, their computer is happy then when it loads Eudora but not vice versa.

The Golem, has your MFC42.dll problem in Eudora been resolved since your posting in August? If not, let me know, as I have had the same problem/s and I think I can help you resolve it.

In short, I don't think your problem is with Eudora, but with MFC42.dll.

In my case it was a simple matter of current DLL files being replaced by out of date versions. To wit;

I ran into this problem today when I reloaded ATI's Rage utilities. My system would then give this error when loading Eudora, Nortons 2002 WinDoctor and Adaptecs CD burner program. My fix was to run Nortons 2002 WinDoctor from the CD. It found severial outdated DLL files and repaired them. After rebooting the problem vanished. I do hope that this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back