Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MFC R2 MD110 to MD110

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chukwuemeka

Technical User
Nov 10, 2003
NG
I have some questions on the issue.
a)Can I connect 2 MD110 systems using MFC R2 and what Parameters.

b) Can I make a loop test on the same system (in then same LIM and or different LIMs in the same system).

c) The coonection I made from ERICSSON MD110 to SIEMENS Public switch (PSTN) using bthe parameters that you gave to me is still not working. Is there any thing else that I can try. (MFC R2 TLU20 TL30 Bothway traffic)

What traffic direction is not working? What happens when you make a call?

a) Sure. The parameters you got can be used for this purpose

b) Yes, you can make a loop back test, but using 2 different cards. Connect Tx on Rx and vice versa. Also create 2 different routes

c) This needs a trace from TLP30, when calling from/to MD.

Do you have the MFU (MSU/MRU) boards inserted and working?
Without these you won't get MFC functionality.

I am sorry I did not have MFU (MSU/MRU). When I introduced the MFU card,I was able to make calls between my connection in the system ( Md110 to MD110 Loop test)

For the connection to public exchange,the traffic that is working is incomming. If I make external call, it keeps silent and times out afterwords. If I do SUSIP I will see that I seized a trunk but I do not know whether the digits are being sent.

For MFU,must I have it in all Magazines that I have the TLU20 for MFC R2? (What number is enough for a LIM or a system)

Hi!

The MFU can be inserted in any LIM, better of course where the TLU20 is.
About the outgoing call: It is quite difficult to say where the fault is without a trace. Trace TLP30 and post the result here. To trace:

stisr;
stuni:unit=tlp30,lim=x; (lim, where tlu20 is)
sttsi:tri=1;
make a call
sttse:tri=1;
create a lofile
strap:tri=1;

When using MFC R2 signalling, it is important that you correctly identify the type of R2 in use in the network to which you are connected. There are two basic types of R2 signalling, complete and simplified. However, there are also many variants in each of these and it is essential that you select a version in the MD110 that can operate with the network to which you are connected. The principal differences are in the A and B series backward signals.

You must first obtain a signalling specification of the network that is to be connected to the MD110. This network may be using either simplified R2 or complete R2.
Then you must identify the backward signal meanings for the A and B series signals. These are generally in either CCITT or Ericsson code, and the MD110 must use the correct code.

If the MD110 is not correctly set for simplified/Complete MFC or CCITT/Ericsson code, timeouts and noprogress calls will occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back