Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MFC, newbie needs a BEATING HEART...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFCnewbieDave

Programmer
Mar 9, 2001
US
Ok, I admit it... Im a greenhorn. I just got MSVisualStudio6 with NO documentation,
and I have NO background with MFC, or the IDE, and only a moderate understanding
of OOP. But, Im learning...

Ive got a very important need, however, and I need to figure out some things, and
I just subscribed to your group.

Here's what I got to do (that I havent been able to, so far)

Ive developed a very simple 'Dialog-based" App, (using AppWizard). Ive successfully
added a wm_timer handler to it so it shows the clock, however, I also need to add a
2nd 'hearbeat' icon to it (that cycles every 500 ms). Ive RCd the icons, and added
the first of the two to the dialog. Now, when my timer messages arrive, I want to
Toggle between the two 'heartbeat' icon images so that the heart 'beats' once a
second.

I also need to add a 'minimize' box on the top of the std dialog so it can be
'minimized' normally, but I cannot figure out how to modify this after AppWiz makes it.

I also need the 'minimized' icon to heartbeat. Can this be done? (yes, i know it can, but HOW?)

Also, how can I get my app to show its icon NOT in the taskbar (lower left bottom
of my NT window), but instead, show up in the BOTTOM RIGHT list of 'iconified' tasks (you know, where the CLOCK is on NT)?

-Thanks, and I know Ill be asking more... but these are my immediate needs.

Again, thanks for helping me out.

-newbieDave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back