Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MFC FOUNDATION CLASSES

Status
Not open for further replies.

haktekvc

Technical User
Dec 30, 2000
GB
HI I'M TRYING TO MAKE AN MFC APP WITHOUT NEEDING THE DEPENDANCIES (MFC42.DLL) I'VE TRIED GOING INTO THE MENU IN THE SETTINGS BUT IT ONLY SHOW 'USE MFC IN A SHARED DLL' OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.
THANX

-HAKTEK-
HAK.TEK@LYCOS.CO.UK

Go to Settings Property Sheet
Select 'USe MFC in a Static Library' in the ComboBox 'Microsoft Foundation Classes'
Recompile

Have always works fine

Hope it helps

Thierry

you can choose what type of build you want. either a DLL or a statically linked file. DLL is only good for programs that have the DLL's used by MFC installed on the computer. i.e. MFC42.DLL, MFCD40.DLL, etc. But if you choose statically linked file, it will build the .exe file with all the necessary DLL files encoded into your file. But the catch is that it can get big. depending on your project, the statically linked exe file can get from 3 to 4 MB if the exe itself is only about 1 MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back