Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MF SP3/FR3 does not work under NT domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

chjinmind

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2001
SE
MF SP3/FR3 does not work under NT domains!

The MF servers I currently work on are in a NT resource domain (not yet migrated to AD).
Users accounts has been migrated to AD so the whole MS solution is in mixed mode.

MFXP servers are MFXP SP1/FR1 and are to be upgraded to SP3/FR3.
Upgrade routine works fine, everything seems ok until reboot.
Servers bluescreen and a endless reboot loop takes place.
Regardless of MS SP level.

The crash was a WlxNegotiate function the winlogon.exe uses. Address dump showed that the crash was in the memory area ctxgina.dll uses. Obviously MFXP SP3/FR3 with the updated ctxgina.dll is not compatible with NT4 authentication.

Make sure MFXP servers that are to be upgraded are inside a AD before upgrading to SP3/FR3.
SP2/FR2 servers are still OK.
After servers were moved to AD it all worked beautifully.

DO NOT UPGRADE METAFRAME XP TO SP3 IF SERVERS ARE MEMBERS OF NT DOMAIN, STAY WITH SP2/FR2.

//Chris

Ummmm, I am not so sure that this is a hard and fast "rule"....we've got AT LEAST 6 servers up and running with MF 1.8 SP/FR 3 on an NT domain.

Oops! Failed to notice that you said mfXP...which is why I came back to dbl check.

Sorry all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back