Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

metrics manager - "starter"

Status
Not open for further replies.

spicysudhi

Programmer
Nov 10, 2003
FR
hi

i wanna start learning metrics manager, where to start? i have installed the product.

is there any samples with this? if so where to find them, how to start with.

in the cmm webpage, i dont know where to start from. would be greatful if someone gives me some steps, no detailed on required. (please dont reditrect me to knowledgebase or documentation with the product!!)

thanks in advance

regards,
sudhi

Hi Sudhi,

I'm very happy to note that I'm not alone who don't understand the manner to use this software. I did not find any documentation on the Cognos web site, only a very impressive demo to help the product selling!

I try to import the sample but nothing work! We continue to read and re-read the user guide!!

Good luck!

gcollin

Sorry, I can't be more helpful since we have been able to successfully install it in our environment. And yes, Cognos support is heavily involved at this point.

Pain is stress leaving the body.

DoubleD [bigcheeks]

I've been told that the documentation for CMM 2.1 was much better than 2.2, unfortunately, Cognos does not suggest you use any of the 2.1 documentation anymore.

I was also told by a friend who attended the CMM class that it was very helpful. It's expensive, but it might be worth it. Check Cognos' training site for places and times.

Pain is stress leaving the body.

DoubleD [bigcheeks]

We're also installing CMM (Metrics Manager) for the first time and wow, talk about a lot of useless documentation. It's good for installations (marginally) and that's about it.

The documentation is substantially different in quality than many of the other Cognos products. It's a crying shame you have to fork out so much for CMM AND then have to send someone to training for it. Completely unlike Cognos in earlier times.

I hope they're not going to shortchange all their documentation in the future soley to push their classes.

Let´s check.

First of all, are you using the new version?

1) Plan your scorecard;
2) Identify your types of metrics;
3) Create your indicators;
4) Create your connections(cube, datastage, dataentry)
5) Maps the source inside the indicators.

I believe that you can find more informations looking inside Cognos/cmm2 directory.

Do you need more detailed information? I can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back