Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Metric Studio to Report Net Cognos8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevennn

Programmer
Apr 4, 2007
US
Hello Guys,
If you create KPI's formulas in Metric Studio (without using Metric Designer) can you use the same formulas that you wrote in Metric Studio, use them in Report Studio without re-writing them?

If yes, would this effect performance, and how would you do this?

Thank-you!

Is this a very hard question that no one knows the answear to?

How about giving us an example of a Metric Studio formula.
Few people work with that studio, so it is no surprise that we are a bit slow to respond..

Ties Blom

hello Ties,
Say if i create a package in FM with the formulas i need and posted to the C8 server than i can use that package in report Studio.
What about if i create package (scorecards) in Metric Studio using simple formulas to track goals (KPIs) and some users want to see those KPIs is report Studio(create a report using the same exact formulas) is it possible to use that package from Metric Studio so not to waste time to re-write those formulas in report Studio?

i was thinking if you can then that might be a performance issue because Metric Studio is not the tool like FM, but that just a thought!

thank-you!

From the KB:

Metric package converted to regular reporting package

Description:

Modifications were made to the Framework Manager package supplied with Metric Studio and the package published to the Content Store. Now, you cannot open the package with Metric Studio.

Root Cause:

Publishing the package overwrites the existing metrics package with a regular reporting package.

Solution:

Do not publish the supplied Framework Manager package. Instead, create a new package for reporting and publish that instead - this will retain the original metrics package that can be opened with Metric Studio and create a new reporting package that can be opened with the report studios.

Steps:

Delete the newly created report package from the Content Store and create a new metrics package that points to the metric store data source.

Which leads me to believe that it is not as straightforward as you may want..

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back